Our Pages

Thursday 3 November 2011

way of Life

(Els)
Hello everybody.
Our class topic at MSSS was the Doukhobour culture.
Within this, my group decided to specifically focus on their way of life and what they believed in and didn't believe in it is an interesting topic and my group learned lots.(Simone)
Hey it's Simone, me and Els though the way of life was a good topic to do 4 the Doukhobour project. The project is almost done and we hope u get to see it and hope u like it.
From Simone and Els.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone!
    I am an Alumni student from Mount Sentinel and was raised as a Doukhabour and I still live by the teachings of my ancestors!
    I love that you have all raised awareness of the culture and heritage that is in our beautiful area so I applaud you!
    As you will become older and more aware that culture is very important to each country as it sets each of us apart but also brings everyone together.
    Keep discovering and learning, it only makes you grow as a person! :)

    -Andrea Soukeroff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo to the students for searching into the heritage and culture of your neighbours the Doukhobors. Learning about others gives you a chance to learn about yourself. Continue to search and discover your local and wider world. And continue to seek the best that you can do.

    By the way, check out the correct spelling of Doukhobor (not Doukhobour).

    Best wishes,

    Koozma

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spelling of Doukhobor still gets me to this day, I must admit, but thank you for reminding us, Mr. Tarasoff!

    Els and Simone, I am so curious to see what you've learned, specifically, since the project began. This is what would make a very interesting post...your thoughts and learning! :)

    ReplyDelete