Our Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Final Reflection

My understanding of culture now...

A community of people who are all brought together by their similar beliefs and living styles, accepting one anothers differences, thoughts and habits, also while standing on your own.

My understanding of Doukhobors now....

A community that would stick together, and believed in simplicity, only needing what you truely need; air, water, food, shelter, love, ect.. The term, bread salt and water in the Doukhobor culture was placed on the table to represent suttleness, only needing your basics to live. The Doukhobor culture was without greed and with, eachother.

Connections I can make with Doukhobors and myself....

While doing this project I feel I've gained a lot more respect for the Doukhobor culture, going from knowing nothing on the topic to discovering we have similar spiritual beliefs, growing sympathy for there harsh times, while I also feel as if I've learned more on what kind of person to be. Peace was an extreme importance in Doukhobor culture, as it will remain to me.

Anthony...aKrowster

No comments:

Post a Comment