Our Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

My Experince With The Doukhobor Project (Food) Final Reflection

Culture To Me...
The aspects to make a culture require many things such as food, beliefs, and people!Culture is a group if people that have the same thoughts and knowlege in other words beliefs.Culture to me is my background, my roots something I share with millions of other people I've never even met! Culture is my heritage even though I have abosoloutely nothing about that it's important!

Doukhobors Now...
I now undersand the confilct the doukhobors had to go through. What the doukhobors did to maintian thier culture even having to burn thier weapons and leave thier homeland and still being treated unjust.I also learned about thier amazing foods and bread,salt, and water is all they needed to survive. I learned about borcht,labosha, and many other things about doukhobors I didn't even know!

Connections...
I've learned that other cultures are fairly different from mine. I've learned that doukhobors culture can affect both me and my culture. The experience really helped me to better understand and respect the doukhobor culture. Doukhobors had to do many thing for thier freedom and so did mine.

What I Learned In My Group...
I learned about the foods and thier meanings I mean bortch something as popular as bortch came from the one and only doukhobors! I've learned about many foods that I can't spell or pronunce! At first I was a little hesitante about the project learning about a project I never even heard of! But now I am more open to new things and opportunitys!

              This is what I learned in the doukhobor project. -Sojpreet Kang


                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment